The first rounds of the following competitions must be played by Sunday the 29th of May
· 2 Bowl Singles 5 Matches
· Men’s Championship Singles 4 Matches
· Men’s Handicap Singles 7 Matches
· Mixed Handicap Pairs 2 Matches
Rules 9 and 10 of the competition rules state
9. Competitors must do all in their power to play all competitions on time. However, if due to illness or other serious reason a deadline cannot be met the Competition Secretaries may at their discretion give an extension. In the event of the extended deadline not being met the person deemed to be causing the delay will be eliminated from the competition.
10. If a match is not played on time and the Competition Secretaries have not been informed of the reason both sides shall be scratched from the competition
These rules will be strictly enforced so if you are involved in any of the above matches be sure to arrange for your match to be played on or before the 29th if you have not already done so.
Short extensions can be requested from Mike or Hazel if you have a good reason for looking for one.
If you ever wanted to try your hand at bowling why not come and join us this weekend for an hour or so. We will be there both Friday and Saturday from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm and all are welcome to come and give it a go. We will supply the bowls and equipment, all you need to bring is the flattest pair of runners or shoes that you own.
Congratulations to Anto Grey and Michael Cusack who have been selected for the BLI Senior Inter Association team. The Senior Inter Association will be played in CYM this year on Friday evening the 27th of May and all day Saturday the 28th.
If you are free on either day it will be well worth your while to drop over the CYM to support the BLI team and see some excellent bowling.
Members of Dun Laoghaire Bowling Club celebrated 10 years of play at Eglinton Park on Sunday, 3rd April 2022. In co-operation with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, a Name Stone has been erected to mark our 10th Anniversary. It was unveiled on Sunday afternoon by the Caithaoirleach Councillor, Lettie McCarthy, and greatly enhances the approach to the Club.
Following the unveiling, fifty-four members had a very enjoyable afternoon playing in our President’s Day rinks.
You can view some photographs of the unveiling by following the link below.